For pressing, we provide two copies of the master plate, the so-called master.
Here are some tips:
– the master can be recorded on a standard CD ⁄ DVD burner in a generally available disc writing program,– płyta przeznaczona do przygotowania mastera powinna być dobrej jakości, pozbawiona wad,
– the recording should be done at the slowest possible speed,
– the recording session must be closed,
– after saving the discs, check the correct operation,
– it is recommended to scan the master with an antivirus program,
– the disc should be labeled, describing: the title of the production, circulation; this inscription should be made on the outer circle, where there is no recorded data,
– two pieces of the master board should be packed in Plastic hard packaging for CDs or DVDs such as Jewel boxes,
– it is recommended to test the correct operation of the master on as many playback devices as possible.
IMPORTANT: you should keep a backup copy of the disc you receive for yourself, because despite careful packaging, materials may be damaged during transportation or even processing. Stereo Style is not responsible for the entrusted material.
A well-prepared “MASTER CD – AUDIO” should include the following elements:
1. CD TEXT – all descriptions regarding the creator, artist, recording and publisher. If the player has the CD TEST function then the above-mentioned information will be displayed on all media players and computers.
2. CD INFO – Everything about the album, i.e. the performer, the title, when and in which STUDIO it was recorded, the name of the recording engineer, the person responsible for mastering, the owner of the recording and so on.
3. CODES RSC – unique codes that identify a given work throughout the world. With them, the publisher and artist can be recognized in every corner of the globe, and the recording is recognized throughout its existence and can be used equally by producers of sound recordings and publishers of recordings, i.e. music videos, as well as by rights management organizations, licensees, libraries, broadcasting organizations and the like. It is recommended that appropriate RSC codes be used to raise the profile of the record, and at this point is a standard around the world.
4. METRIC CD –relevant document, where you can find all the information about the CD including: Length, Title, Start, End, Pause, ISRC, Prot, description and address of the mastering studio. Such information is extremely important when scanning and reading information from the “masterer”.
5. DATA COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE – Certification of compliance of all data and information about the record that the principal provides.
For pressing, provide 2 ex. CDs saved on 2 different recorders at a speed of no more than 4X!
If errors are found on the master during scanning while producing the master, the board will be rejected from further production.
Our company also deals with the preparation of CD-AUDIO master.